Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Welcome to ATL Sports Dial!

Most of you already know me in the Atlanta sports blogging community as Jesse28, so much of what you will find here will be familiar to you.  After many years of pseudo writing for my own pleasure and for friends, I've finally decided to jump into the blogging world.  Forgive the simplistic layout and the sparsity of information for now.  I should have more up in the coming days, but for now, let's get started with a few of my goals and intentions.

I was born in Fulton County and primarily raised a little south in Griffin.  Both sides of my family have both been in Georgia for as far back as we can track, so it's easy to see that family would have been the greatest influence on my early childhood fandom.  That being the case, I have a large passionate love for all things Atlanta, from sports, to music, to food, to culture.  We ATLiens are a unique bunch and I wouldn't change it for anything.  I hope to express some of those passions here.  Topics will almost always cover sports, but don't be surprised if I make a quick post on a new artist or eating establishment that I like.

I follow the Falcons, Braves, Hawks, and Georgia Tech sports for the most part.  Outside of the Atlanta Knights, I've never been able to get into hockey, but considering that the Atlanta Spirit Group (ASG) currently owns the Thrashers, they'll undoubtedly come up when discussing such matters.  If I had to assign a weight to the sports, I'd say football > basketball > baseball > all else.  I don't think I prefer pro over college or college over pro (well, with the one exception possibly being baseball), but moreso that I will tend to follow more closely the team/sport having the more defined successful season.  I'm a fan and sometimes the down side to that is a little apathy when things aren't going great.

My short term goal is to simply get acclimated with writing on a regular basis and in this format.  I hope that in doing so the content will be engaging and refreshing enough to encourage discussion amongst the community.  My long term goal would be to have fun with my short term goal and just let it ride.  We'll see where this thing takes us.  Until then, sit back and enjoy one of my favorite songs reppin' the A.

No comments:

Post a Comment